A brief history of the London campus
Operational since March 2012, the London campus has become a key part of the UWTSD Group. Ideally located within the centre of one of the world’s most famous capitals, students are able to widely benefit from all that the city has to offer.
In March 2012, the University’s London campus or UWTSD London campus was born. Originally located in Islington, in October 2013, the London campus relocated to Kennington Business Park (close to the world-famous Oval cricket ground). Due to the growing popularity and success of the London campus, in February 2019, the campus opened its second location in Holborn Circus.
The London campus boasts a wide range of computing, business management, accounting, and health and social care courses. Featuring undergraduate courses such as BA (Hons) Business Management, BSc (Hons) Applied Computing as well as the Certificate of Higher Education: Skills for the Workplace and Skills for the Workplace (Health and Social Care) programmes. The campus also offers postgraduate courses such as the Master of Business Administration (MBA) with multiple pathways including Banking and Finance, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, etc. as well as the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) programme.
The University’s prime location means that students are able to put theory into practice with many students living and working within the capital. The University, unlike other London-based universities, offer small class sizes ensuring a focused learning environment and a high degree of engagement. These smaller class sizes also mean that the friendly on-campus student support teams are always available to help, with many students forming long-lasting professional relationships with both academic and professional staff members.
In alignment with the rest of the UWTSD group, the learner experience is at the heart of the London campus’s mission. The intimate and personal environment allows the London campus to offer flexibility permitting students to be able to benefit from an enriching educational experience while juggling other commitments such as family and work.
The London campus is proud to share and promote the mission and vision of the UWTSD. Across the University, through our activities, we promote:
- Collaboration through strategic relationships, working with others to provide educational and commercial opportunities and to ensure that Wales is connected to the wider world.
- Employability and creativity, by offering educational programmes that develop entrepreneurial and creative skills, enabling learners to have the best opportunities to gain employment and to contribute to the prosperity of their communities.
- Inclusivity, by removing barriers to participation and supporting people from all backgrounds and circumstances to fulfil their potential.
- Excellent teaching informed by scholarship and professional practice, and applied research that influences knowledge and policy in Wales and beyond.
- Sustainable development, by behaving in a way which ensures that the needs of the present are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs, and by systematically embedding this principle in our approach to teaching and learning.
- The concept of global citizenship, through the development of multi-national activities and opportunities for our learners, staff and partners.
- Wales and its distinctiveness, through embedding the goals of the Well-Being of Future Generations (Wales) Act in all of UWTSD activities, and by celebrating the vibrant culture, heritage and language of Wales.
More information about the mission and vision of the University